Coorg is the great place to relax and rejuvenate and it has a combination of natural, adventurous and cultural activities for the young and old alike that can be fit in over a weekend. The Casiita, the resort in Coorg is strategically located and is the best place to stay for the folks who believe in “Travel less and cover more”.
Nisargadhama: 0 kms
Check into The Casiita and freshen up. You can start off to explore Coorg by heading to Nisargadhama. You don’t have to worry about the mode of transport since you can actually walk across the road to reach there. Things that might interest you:
• The deer park, the cute little rabbits, monkeys and the birds
• Peddle boating & Shallow water to play
• Tree houses
Bylukuppe: 7 kms
Come back to the resort to change and set off to Bylukuppe, a full fedgled Tibetian settlement. A major attraction is the Golden Temple. This Buddhist temple with huge deities of Buddha, Amartyusa and Sambhava and colorful paintings all around the temple are mesmerizing. Things that might interest you:
• The Golden temple
• Tibetian cuisine in local restaurants
• Shopping centre for Tibetian handicrafts, clothes and jewelry.
Embark early in the morning towards Talacauvery. The beauty of the land is best seen during the sunrise and sunset. Set out to see both of it at the right place.
Bhagamandala: 66 kms
Bhagamandala is on the banks of the confluence of 3 rivers known as “Triveni Sangham”. Pilgrims before visiting the temple complex here bathe or sprinkle water on the head. Things that might interest you:
• Sri Bhagandeshwara Temple
• Bathing in the river confluence.
Talacauvery: 70 kms
8kms ahead of Bhagamandala at about 4500 ft above the sea level is Talacauvery. River Cauvery, one of the 7 sacred rivers originated at this place as a small spring. Things that might interest you:
• The temple and view of the misty blue hills
• The steps that leads to Brahmagiri peak
Abbey Falls: 28 kms
8kms away from Madikeri town,the meandering road leads you to Abbey falls with several twists and turns to reach it through the dense coffee shrubs and the pepper vines. Things that might interest you:
• Bathing here is not allowed
• Beautiful scenery on the way
Raja Seat: 28 kms
Next up head to Raja Seat in Madikeri. It is believed that the kings enjoyed the lovely sunset from here.Visit this place to witness the spectacular sunset view. Best time: 17:30 to 19:30 Things that might interest you:
• A tiny snake like road running through the lush valley and paddy fields to Mangalore
• Musical fountain in the evening and joyride in the toy train
Dubare Elephant Camp: 12 kms
Start early in the morning to Dubare Elephant Camp mainly an elephant capturing and training camp of the Forest Dept. Things that might interest you:
• Rafting during the rainy season.
• Cross the water lagoon to reach the camp using a motor boat or small trek over the rocky path. Latter not possible during the monsoons though
• Watch and participate in bathing, feeding and even riding the elephants here.
Nagarhole Wildlife Sanctuary: 78kms
Since Nagarhole is in south Coorg, one can visit it when all the above places are covered. Check out from the hotel and head towards Mysore road to reach Nagarhole before 3PM for the second safari slot. The other slot of safari being (6:00- 9:00 AM). The chances of spotting animals are more during these periods in the predefined jungle trials.